Last modified: 8/6/2018
At The Burn-In (“The Burn-In” or “We”), we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.theburnin.com (our “Site”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Site.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Site.
This policy does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by The Burn-In or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Site or on or through any of its features, register on the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Site or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use, including but not limited to username accounts or social media accounts information. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected]
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or other details to help you with your experience including any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your age, gender, occupation; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site and usage details; and
- location information, which we may obtain from a variety of sources – You can learn more about and manage your location permissions by visiting the location settings tool on your devices.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- When you use our Services to communicate with others or post, upload or store content (such as comments, photos, voice inputs, videos, emails, messaging services, articles and attachments);
- When you otherwise use our Services, such as title queries, watch history, page views, search queries, view the content we make available or install any plugins;
- When you sign up for paid Services, use Services that require your financial information or complete transactions with us or our business partners, we may collect your payment and billing information;
- By analyzing communications content, including email content from incoming and outgoing mail; and
- Automatically as you navigate through the site – information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- The information we collect on or through our Site may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, when you use our Services to communicate with others or post, upload or store content (such as comments, photos, voice inputs, videos, emails, messaging services, articles and attachments), or otherwise interacting with our Site such as when you report a problem with our Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Site or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we may limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). For information about managing your privacy and security settings including our DO NOT TRACK DISCLSOURES, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include cookies and similar tracking technologies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Sites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Sites.
- Analytical/performance cookies: They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using them. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies: These are used to recognize you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics. If you’d like to understand how Google Analytics may collect and process your data, please visit the following site explaining “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps”, located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
- For information about managing your privacy and security settings, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
- We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about our products, services, and promotions, unless you have directed us not to contact you with promotional communications.
- To help us learn more about your online preferences.
- To recognize you or your devices even if you are not signed in to our Services.
- To help us address problems with and improve our site design, products and services.
- To enhance your online experience.
- To analyze trends and statistics.
- To protect the security or integrity of our websites and our business.
- To contact you if necessary.
- To offer Partner Promotions and Specials.
- To allows us to deliver, personalize and develop relevant features, content, advertising and Services.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and or services that may be of interest to you. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of The Burn-In’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by The Burn-In about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use a “Share” feature of our Site, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Burn-In, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected] Burn-In.com.
- Promotional Offers from The Burn-In. If you do not wish to have your email address or contact information used by The Burn-In to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by at any other time by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected] Burn-In.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
Tracking and Do Not Track Signals:
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Some Internet browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” features. Most of these features, when turned on, send a signal or preference to the website you are visiting indicating that you do not wish to be tracked. We do not honor “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Site and visiting your account profile page.
You may also use several features on our Site including webchat support and forms or send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. In certain cases, we cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Site, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or might have been copied or stored by other Site users.
Your California Privacy Rights
Requests Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83: California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected].
Additional Notices To European Union Resident And Other Data Subjects
The Burn-In embraces the approach to privacy protection reflected in the GDPR, giving our clients, vendors, and users a greater say in what happens with their data. To this end, we have undertaken a number of important updates and steps. including:
1. Transparency of Data – The Burn-In has enhanced the Website for increased readability behind its data access processes. The Burn-In has made the path to your data easily available per your request.
2. Data Security – The Burn-In implements high redundancy among its servers and leverages the information protection tools within the Microsoft Azure platform to identify personal data, monitor access, and govern security protocols.
Legal Bases for Processing Personal Information of European Union Citizens or Other GDPR Data Subjects
When processing your personal information, The Burn-In may rely on one or more of the following legal bases (or other available legal grounds), depending on the circumstances:
(a) Legitimate Interests – The Burn-In may process your personal information where The Burn-In has a legitimate interest in such processing for managing, operating or promoting our business, and that legitimate interest is not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights or freedoms.
(b) Consent – The Burn-In may process your personal information where The Burn-In has obtained your consent to the processing.
(c) Contractual Necessity – The Burn-In may process your personal information where such processing is necessary in connection with any contract that The Burn-In has with you.
(d) Legal Requirements – The Burn-In may process your personal information where such processing is required by applicable law.
Data Storage & Security
The Burn-In uses third-party vendors and hosting partners, such as Amazon, for hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology we need to run the Site. We maintain two types of logs: server logs and event logs. By using the Site, you authorize The Burn-In to transfer, store, and use your information in the United States and any other country where we operate.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
The Burn In
8880 Nw. 20th St
Doral, FL 33172